11 winners of 2020 InterTech Technology Award announced
Komori GLX40RP Double-Sided Press
The InterTech Technology Award has announced its 2020 winners. The award program is organised by Printing United Alliance, and highlights the innovativeness and impact of a technology to the print industry.
Eleven technologies have been selected to receive the award. An independent panel of judges deliberated over the nominations.
More than half of the awarded technologies were digital presses and associated systems, including the first ever award for a textile press. Judges also recognized innovations in sheetfed offset press technology, web-to-print software, and solutions that streamline packaging print production.
“Our goal each year is to spotlight technologies which shape the future,” said James Workman, Vice President, Center for Technology and Research, PRINTING United Alliance. “Each summer, the panel of judges and I scrutinize each submitted technology to evaluate its degree of innovation and potential for impacting our industry. It is a challenging process to select the recipients since all of the technologies are impressive.”
The 11 technologies selected to receive a 2020 InterTech Technology Award are as follows (*listed alphabetically by company, with the technology named first):
· Customer's Canvas – Aurigma
· EFI Reggiani BOLT – EFI
· Esko Trapper - Esko
· GMG ColorCard – GMG
· HP Indigo 100K Digital Press - HP Inc.
· H&B ExcelCoat ZRW Web Coater inline with HP PageWide Web Press T240 HD - HP Inc.
· KODAK PROSPER QD Packaging Inks and Film Optimizer Agent – Kodak
· Komori GLX40RP Double-Sided Press - Komori America Corporation
· Uteco Sapphire EVO M Press – Uteco and Kodak
· Xerox Baltoro HF Inkjet Press - Xerox Corporation
· Navigator DFE - Xitron, LLC