Bobst unveils new solutions for packaging
In a virtual press conference, Bobst launched a host of new solutions for the packaging industry. The new product introductions highlights Bobst’s commitment to grow the packaging industry.
The new solutions align with four topics which aim to help customers deal with transformation: Connectivity, Digitalization, Automation, and Sustainability.
“We developed an ambitious vision and one year on, we are rolling out new solutions to help brand owners and converters to deliver better quality, efficiency, control, in a sustainable manner at a time when these qualities have never been more important.” said Jean-Pascal Bobst, CEO Bobst Group.
Bobst launched a comprehensive range of solutions for the major industries in packaging including folding carton, corrugated board and flexible packaging.
For the folding carton industry:
· EXPERTFOLD 110 A3 Version: The new multi-purpose EXPERTFOLD 110 A3 version features newly integrated modules for the dedicated production of crash-locks and 4-& 6-corners, which simplifies and shortens settings when changing box types.
· NOVAFOIL 106 Hot Foil Stamper: The new NOVAFOIL 106 Hot Foil Stamper provides efficient, versatile and cost-effective multi-colour foiling that enables quick setups and changeovers for highest productivity, allowing customers to create more elaborate designs for high-value packaging applications. This is the first in-line foil stamping machine from BOBST featuring a cross-foiling section and can also be used for embossing, debossing, hologram application and even die-cutting.
· ACCUREGISTER: The ACCUREGISTER is a new version of POWER REGISTER, a ‘no sheet edge contact’ sheet feeding system. Available on the NOVACUT 106 range, it will reduce setting times and feed related stops, boosting productivity and delivering outstanding blank register quality. New features have been specifically developed for the ACCUREGISTER, also helping to reduce maintenance to an absolute minimum.
· SETUP TIME REDUCTION Pack: The BOBST 106 size die-cutter is now available with an optional SETUP TIME REDUCTION Pack, which makes it faster and easier to get started with any job. Features include a new 15” screen at the Feeder for faster setup procedure of BOBST’s optical registration systems, automatic pallet lifting within the Feeder for each new job setup, and improved HMI ergonomics, such as an easier process for automatic non-stop grids.
· Digital Inspection Table - Folding Carton 106: The DIT Folding Carton 106 is an advanced digital solution suitable for format size 106 is a smart digital device that compares the production results with the client’s original PDF. It actively monitors all points of the production process, from printing through embellishment and cutting including inspection of braille and embossing. An additional camera digitizes patching sheets, so that they can be redone more easily in case of damage or loss. The DIT Folding Carton 106 helps to avoid costly customer complaints and ensures outstanding quality, every time.
For the corrugated board industry:
· MASTERCUT 1.65: MASTERCUT 1.65 is the only machine especially designed for litho-laminated converting and handles carton and corrugated board as well as litho-laminate, making it one machine for all jobs. Combining the advantages of folding carton and corrugated board flatbed die-cutters, it can process robust and delicate materials equally well, going from 300g solid board to BC double wall litho lam. A sheet-to-sheet top feeder for delicate and sensitive substrates, a specially adapted POWER REGISTER and its high cutting force enable extremely precise die-cutting, even for complex box designs and delicate substrates, ensuring an exceptional die-cutting quality.
The MASTERCUT 1.65 is also the only solution in the market for blanking in size VII and offers the possibility to deliver single cut, double cut and full sheets. Its exceptional ergonomics with maximum level of automation and accessibility as well as the completely intuitive HMI SPHERE also allow fast and easy handling for maximum productivity.
· SPEEDPACK: The SPEEDPACK automatic packer can handle all types of boxes, whether corrugated or litho-laminated, from straight-line, 4&6 corners, to crash-lock bottom. Folded and glued boxes are automatically counted, stacked and banded, and perfectly formed bundles are delivered, ready for palletization. It is available on the EXPERTFOLD 145/165, the EXPERTFOLD 170-350 and the MASTERFOLD 170-350m.
For the flexible packaging industry:
· oneBARRIER: oneBARRIER is a family of new alternative and sustainable substrates that Bobst is developing with its partners. One key project within oneBARRIER is focused on developing EVOH-free solutions for high barrier full mono material polyethylene (PE). Future projects are focused on other mono material plastic solutions as well as developing alternative fiber-based paper packaging solutions, which will be easily recyclable, supporting the drive for a circular economy.
· VISION RS 5003 gravure press : The VISION RS 5003 delivers high quality printing at speeds up to 450 m/min on a wide range of flexible substrates. Bobst is announcing new solutions based on the VISION RS 5003 that address specific customer needs and meet specific local market requirements. Automation solutions and smart trolleys make job preparation fast and easy, while the Total Automatic Pre-register Setting (TAPS) enables fast machine set-up and minimum waste independent of the press operator skills.
- Siegwerk partnership for water-based inks: BOBST developed successful water-based applications on its gravure presses, utilizing Siegwerk’s new formulation water-based inks. The partnership with the ink manufacturer aims to provide ink formulas that have already set unprecedented performance and quality levels in gravure printing, and which have much lower VOC content than many current alternative water-based offerings on the market.