- Print Innovation Asia
Heidelberg launches new colour measurement systems
Heidelberg announced new additions for its colour measurement and control systems and for the Prinect colour workflow. With the slogan “The Power of Color”, the launches are in response to the growing demands for efficient and dependable quality control in commercial, packaging, and label printing.
In Prinect Easy Control, Prinect Axis Control, Prinect Image Control, and Prinect Inpress Control, Heidelberg offers the market four spectral measurement systems for print shops of all sizes and sheetfed offset presses of all performance classes.
End-to-end spectral measurement, patented colour control, and a further enhanced Prinect colour workflow facilitate rapid, low-waste job changes as well as quality monitoring and logging for production runs on all Speedmaster presses. Colour control based on measured spectral values is the most promising method for achieving the desired colours as quickly as possible in commercial, label, and packaging printing.
“The consistent development of the entire Heidelberg spectral colour measurement portfolio gives commercial and packaging print shops of all sizes the opportunity to optimize their colour workflow, moving it closer to the smart print shop model – even as far as autonomous printing,” said Jürgen Mittmann, Senior Manager Product Management Sheetfed at Heidelberg.
The colour measurement portfolio includes the following new launches and enhancements:
• New Prinect Easy Control – a flexible introduction to spectral colour measurement technology
• Prinect Axis Control – for high quality requirements in commercial and packaging printing
• New Prinect Image Control 4 – enhanced quality assurance in label and packaging printing
• Inline colour measurement system Prinect Inpress Control with patented opaque white control
• Self-learning Color Assistant Pro is now even more efficient with the integration of AI